In 1923, when this part of Milwaukee was mostly undeveloped and when West Allis and Wauwatosa were far off suburbs, Fairview Congregation settled at the corner of 66th and Stevenson. Our first resident pastor came to Fairview in May 1923. By July we were incorporated with the State. By September our first church building was ready for use and the pastor started a Lutheran elementary school.
For nine decades the Holy Spirit has enabled Fairview to proclaim the good news about God's grace in Jesus to our part of Milwaukee. With his help we have weathered the national storms of two world wars and several other military conflicts, of social unrest and cultural change, and of financial ups and downs. Throughout it all the Spirit has kept his promise that he will be with us, that he is our God, that he will strengthen and uphold us (Isaiah 41:10).
From May 2013 to May 2014 we celebrated our 90th anniversary. Our theme was, Fairview at 90: Look Out. We are reminded ourselves to look out for the spiritual welfare of souls in our community who don't have a relationship with Jesus, to look out for our own spiritual health, and to look out into the future for what God would have Fairview become.
We are flawed human beings who are in need of a Savior. We come from different cultures, have different interests and are different ages. We are bonded together because of Jesus’ love for us. It is that love that makes us forgiven by God. It is because of that love our Father has welcomed us into his family and will welcome us into his eternal home. There is a place for you in our Fairview Family, because there’s a place for you in God’s family.
Empowered and equipped by God through the Holy Spirit, Fairview exists to share the message of salvation through Jesus Christ and preserve God's Word and sacraments as we live lives of worship and service for Christ and grow in our relationship with him.
To God be the glory!